The must-Have Multitasker
Every product out there touts its versatility, only for you to try it and find out that it excels in one function but fails pretty badly at doing anything else. Red lipstick as a blush? Unclear. You’ll blend until your cheeks hurt trying to achieve the perfect color or give up and look like Bozo the Clown for the evening.
But, there’s always an exception to the rule. Enter TIGI Cosmetics HD Setting Powder. Not only does this phenomenal powder set your foundation to a flawless finish that even Beyoncé would bow down to, it can also be used as a one-product-fits-all solution to common beauty questions. Consider it your ultimate beauty weapon to create a #FauxFilter beauty look!
- The most obvious use is for setting or baking your makeup. A quick sweep of HD Setting Powder will keep your foundation in place all night (until you wash it off with TIGI Cosmetics Micellar Water ).
- Did you buy a foundation because a beauty blogger told you it would give you ‘dewy’ skin only to find out that it looks like you’ve got a half-marathon’s worth of sweat-like sheen on your face? Make it matte with a quick dusting of HD Setting Powder.
- Do you have oily skin? Prep your skin by apply a light dusting of HD Setting Powder to your t-zone before applying your makeup. It will help control oil, blur out pores and it’s perfectly translucent so it won’t show up under your foundation.
- Heavy eye makeup is SO glam for a night on the town, but small sweeps of dark shadow beneath your eyes take your look from ravishing to raccoon in no time. Lightly pack on some HD Setting Powder beneath your eyes while you put on that smoky eye, and then brush it away to prevent fallout from ruining your look.
- If you don’t know that dusting lashes with powder between mascara quotes gives you va-va-volume pumped lashes, where have you been? You know what they say… the thicker the lashes, the quicker you catch his eyes. Just kidding. No one says that. We made it up.
- Have you been dying to try a matte lip but can’t seem to find a formula that doesn’t age your lips or feel like you’ve been walking through the Sahara Desert? Easy! Put on your favorite lip color (we like to use TIGI Cosmetics Diamond Lipstick in Fierce) and dust HD Setting Powder through a tissue onto your lips. Insta-matte lip without the dry feeling.
- Final piece of advice: Do NOT over apply. The best HD Setting Powders (like ours) are made with mica, which gives you a flawless finish by reflecting light for an otherworldly filter. But, too much HD setting powder can reflect ALL of the light, making you a human satellite and blinding your date. No one wants to look like Angie at the “The Normal Heart” premiere. Blurring imperfections= good; white powdery face= bad.
Now you’re ready to take your bad self into the world and rock a million different makeup looks using just one product! What’s your favorite way to use HD Powder? Do you have any tips and tricks you want us to feature? Tag us on Instagram at @TIGICosmetics or #TIGICosmetics.